Hello, dear readers! I’m stopping by with some BIG news today.
It’s about something important – and necessary. An investment in my brand, and a huge jump into new, unknown territory for me too! This post is a callout to you – and your networks, if you may know of just the right person… Eighteen months since launching, I’ve managed to handle these early days of business solo (with some amazing support and big cheerleading from friends/family, a wonderful intern, and outsourced help here and there at more hectic times to get by).
Lately, I’ve grown beyond what I can handle alone. So I’m looking for someone to join me – as my creative right hand – office expert – studio fairy – personal assistant (you can pick the title!)
// THE BACK STORY
Emma Kate Co. is a stationery, lifestyle + travel brand, for dream seekers, dream catchers and dream weavers. With fresh designs and words to stir the soul, we inspire wild romance, candid emotion and happy wandering.
Eighteen months young, we’ve quickly gathered a highly engaged international readership and rapidly growing stockist base along the way, with over 200 independent retail partners stocking our collections in Australia and the world over.
Front and centre of my brand, I (Emma Kate) have forged my own creative path and established an inimitable creative presence. I live, breathe and travel the messages I write – and colour outside the lines, on purpose.
// THE DETAILS
Time: 2 days per week, initially, with opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Location: Working between our home studio, based in Richmond (Melbourne) – and Glen Iris warehouse + office
Occasional travel interstate for trade shows and markets will be required (these periods may involve weekends)
Start Day: Ready when you are!
// THE MUST-HAVES
More than title or experience, I’m seeking someone who’s willing to go all-in. To show up, give their everything, become an integral part of this rapidly growing business and ultimately shape your own role within this brand as we grow, with the world at our feet and every opportunity before us.
With that in mind, you’ll be perfect for this role, if…
- You LOVE travel, design, words and storytelling.
- You live and breathe our brand’s essence: you believe in the power of delight, and in making people’s days. You have unparalleled attention to detail, love hidden details, and the art of overdelivering.
- You are proactive, driven, exceptionally organised and flexible. You’re great at switching between multiple tasks with competing priorities, and you’ll happily take initiative to manage your own day. You love being handed a task or idea, and to run with it!
- You have a strong work ethic – you’re willing to show up and dig in – even when it comes to more mundane, or unglamorous tasks, of which there can be many in small business! You’re the type of person who has willingness to do whatever it takes, to help the brand and team succeed in a fast-growing, ever-changing environment. You’ll hustle, with grace, positivity and heart. We move fast!
- You’re approachable, and easygoing, and confident in relationship building with our suppliers and customers alike. You’re happy to chat on the phone, via email, or in person, in a manner which beautifully upholds and bolsters our brand.
- Fluency in English, and good grammar is an absolute must. Having a way with words, and writing prowess is favoured.
- You’re a forward thinker – the type of person who constantly asks WHY. You strive to find better ways, more streamlined systems, happier customers and optimised outcomes, and action them into our everyday way of doing business.
- You’re industry aware – and you love to learn, to challenge your assumptions, to evolve.
- While demonstrated experience isn’t essential for this role, if you’ve had experience with some, or all of the following, please say so: eCommerce systems, Xero, MailChimp, online marketing, social media, event planning, and design software – Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator.
- As I am looking for someone to grow with me, and the brand long term, I can only accept applications from candidates with full work rights in Australia.
// THE DUTIES
While every day will be different, these are the everyday, and occasional tasks you’ll likely be across…
everyday office tasks + warehouse management
- process wholesale orders from existing retail partners, via calls/email
- pick and pack online and wholesale stationery orders, and prepare for post pickup
- be across inventory and stock take
- manage Emma’s, your own, and the brand’s calendar, factoring in events, trade shows, meetings, sourcing trips, travel bookings and printing schedules
community + relationships
- be the first point of contact for new retail stockist enquiries
- respond to customer enquiries, via email, blog, and social media
- prepare eDM mailouts and other promotional activities
- track and report on social media and eDM campaigns, as needed
- prepare + layout blog posts
- curate, draft + edit blog content
- assist with new collection concepts and mood boards
- assist in new collection photo shoots, and everyday content creation
trade + events
- occasionally, assist at trade shows and markets, including setting up the stand, taking orders, and liasing with customers.
- event planning + research
// THE PERKS
- you’ll be an integral part of a rapidly growing, inspiring brand… set to take on the world
- huge and limitless scope for you to shape your own role and become anything-you-want-to-be, as the brand continues to grow
- you’ll spend your days in a creative and empowering studio culture
- enjoy generous discount across the entire Emma Kate Co. product range
- opportunity to attend Emma Kate’s workshops and events
- opportunity to attend events on behalf of Emma Kate
- great coffee and spontaneous wine + cheese boards…
// THE NEXT STEPS
To be considered for this role, please submit the following:
- Your cover letter / resume
- Contact info, and links to your blog/website/social media handles/portfolio, if you have them!
- Answers to the four questions below:
Where are you at in your career, right now?
Who are you, really? What’s your big, beautiful dream?
Describe Emma Kate Co. What does the brand mean to you?
How would you like to see Emma Kate Co. grow?
Applications should be submitted by: close of business, Monday 10 April 2017